Saturday, August 7, 2010

one year

Well our little Michael would be one year old today. I'm not going to lie, it really really sucks. There is not a day that goes by that we don't think about him, and wish we could hold him, change him, see him grow, hear him cry. Just posting some pics of our three months with our little man.












I don't know that a wound like this ever really heals. I try to usually be upbeat in the blog, but I just can't do it today. You find yourself wishing you could have done more. Been at the hospital all the time. You hate yourself for every minute you couldn't be there. I know Michael is waiting for us and is in a better place. I just hope it's somehow easier for him waiting for us than it is for us to wait to see him. We love and miss you baby.

2 comments:

Megan Cross said...

You made me cry at work :( blah... ok... I could never imagine going through what you have. I know it sucks to hear this, but everything happens for a reason. He came to bless your lives and moved on to someplace more than here. You are an amazing women. You should never have had to feel that pain. I am sure it feels so unfair and as you said you feel it every day. I am so sorry. It isn't wrong to feel that. You were a great mother to him for the short time he was here and you did everything you could.

Lis said...

He's so beautiful Becky. We miss Michael too. I can't imagine how hard today must have been, and how difficult this past year has been. Thanks for sharing more pictures. I think about Michael all the time. You and O'Ryan are amazing people to have him in your family, and I know you miss him so much.
I really believe the saying "To weep is to make less the depth of grief." It's totally ok to not feel upbeat all the time, you have experienced a great loss. Just know we love you and feel a big long distance hug. And know that you guys are the best parents ever, seriously, you are. Love you!