Saturday, August 22, 2009

Update

This is our sweet baby after his hair got done. I washed it today twice. We did it once and then they came and did an ultrasound of his head so we got to wash it again. We went for a nice Sunday best hair today.

We love him soooo much!
Me washing his hair.
Why we washed his hair. He gets a lot of ultrasounds of his head and they leave goo behind. He is still so sweet and adorable.
Daddy holding his hand. Up until today they have had either an iv or an oxygen monitor on his hand. So this was the first time we got to hold his hand and have him hold it back.

What has happened this week. We are still on the ecmo pump. On Thursday our little guy had open heart surgery. They think they fixed the problem and we are just waiting for him to heal and recover before we try to get him off the pump. We are looking forward to that day, but we'll have to keep waiting to see when it is.

The big thing on his forehead is on oxygen sensor, and the dressing on his chest is from the surgery. Please keep sending him good mojo and prayers.

5 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

I promise I have never seen a cuter baby boy in all my life. He is beautiful! I am so sorry all this is happening. I can't stop thinking about you guys. He is lucky to have such strong parents! We are praying for you and can't wait to meet the cute little guy!

I really think he is the cutest thing. I love his hair so much to.

Cam said...

Rebekah, I'm sorry you have to go through all this. I know how hard it is. He is such a cutie pie. I love the hair, and his face is adorable. Sending prayers your way.

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

Rebekah, you are amazingly strong. Such a lucky boy to have you as parents. He is so adorable. I pray for the day to come quickly where you can hold him and cradle him in your arms.

Anonymous said...

Rebekah just wanted you to know we are still thinking of you guys. I hope things continue to progress and you can bring your little one home soon. love ya, Jamie

~Lonnie~ said...

Hey Rebekah! Long time no see. Are you still woking @ JVH? You left on maternity leave just as I returned. I ran across Cami's blog through a mutual friend, and I saw yours off of hers. What a beautiful little boy you have! I am so sorry that he is having complications. My heart and prayers are with you. Keep in touch. Lonnie