Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Holding our baby

Our first family pic.
Giving Dad Michael.
Dad was so happy to finally get this little guy in his arms. I think Michael liked it a lot to.

Mom holding Michael. I was at the hospital by myself when this happened, so there aren't as many pics of me holding the baby. It was the absolute best feeling in the world. I cried of coarse.
He loved being rocked. He was totally relaxed.

What has happened this week. Well he got rid of his central iv lines which means we can now hold him. It is an ordeal but definitely worth it. Also we tried to take out the breathing tube. I got to hold him for a few minutes while it was out. But for reasons that are way to complicated to go into here he went back on.

He is still improving a little every day. We will get there. It is the most amazing thing to hold your baby in your arms. We waited a month to be able to do it. I never wish that on anybody.

Keep him in your prayers still. We still have a long road to go down.

3 comments:

quitesweet said...

You guys look so cute and happy together! We all love you guys. :)

Larry, Mary, Alex and Mallory

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

I am so EXCITED you got to hold and rock your baby. Congrats. He is coming along!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

That is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy you finally got to hold your baby! He is so stinking cute, I can't wait to meet him! Good luck, we will keep you in our prayers!