Sunday, October 18, 2009

Update on Michael


First I finally finished some of his bibs. Here are the pics. I will get some with him wearing them. I got feeling better and finally went up to see him, but we forgot the camera : ( We will get some cute pics soon.

Medical update. Wow a lot has happened in the last few weeks. Here is the shortened version. We got the pulmonary hypertension specialist to look at the heart cath results. He says the interpretation of the numbers is not as bad as what the other cardiologists said. (They weren't taking certain factors into consideration.)
So the new plan is: Michael is off of the flolan. He was on a lot of medications to help support his blood pressure while he was on it and that wasn't good for his kidneys. They are weaning the medications he was on to support his blood pressure. They are also waiting for his kidney functions to get better. (Medications are damaging to the kidneys, so it's just a matter of time before they function better, hopefully.) Then they will take him to the OR to close the hole in his heart.

Hope that all made sense. He is so adorable! I wish I had brought my camera today. His hair keeps growing. We gave him a bath and put it in a faux hawk again and man is that spike getting high.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support and prayers.

No comments: