Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm walking a 5 k

I know it's not like running a marathon, but lets face it it's not like I'm in the best shape in the entire world. I do weight watchers and their thing for the summer is to walk a 5 k. My best friend Patti and I have chosen to do the Susan G. Komen race for the cure in SLC on May 8th. We are excited and it goes towards a good cause. The way I figure it (here comes some fantastic statistics) everyone either has breasts or knows someone with breasts and therefore will know someone that gets breast cancer. So here's my challenge to people that read this. Race for the cure yourself, you can also sleep in for the cure, or even just donate some money. Like I said it's going towards a great cause. Just visit this web site for details.

http://www.komenslc.org

I am not usually big on causes but it's a good one.

In other news we are going to Cali in June. We are super excited. We have been married now for about 7 and 1/2 years and have never been on a vacation. I know, I know. It just seemed like we always had other things going on. But after the last year we had we feel like we just need to get away. So thanks to uncle sam's tax return we are going to sea world, san diego zoo, and san diego wild animal park. I'm sure we will spend a few days just vegging on the beach as well. We are driving there with my other best friend Teresa and her kids. We will be spending the night in las vegas on the way! I can't say how super stoked I am. Will definately post pics. If anyone knows of some great inexpensive places to see in San diego for us while we are there please comment. This includes awesome beaches where we can just sit and read a book and go swimming. I want to have a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

A vacation is much deserved! That will be so much fun! And kuddos to you for doing the 5k. I can't run one either. Walking would be my thing too ;)

bunchafullers said...

Yeah, I love that you are doing the 5K. So as far as the vacation goes, one day we decided to go to San Diego and we just asked around about good places and usually they directed us to the right place, however sometimes they did not, but that is for another blog and time! So we went to La Jolla beach and I LOVED it. Go on my blog to November of 2008 and you will see the fun we had! Enjoy

Lis said...

That is awesome! Good luck on the 5k. San Diego sounds like so much fun, I love it there! We ate at a really good restaurant, I'll try to figure out the name of it and email you.