Our son has pulmonary hypertension. This was found out when he went to the cath lab. The pressures in the blood vessels around his lungs is too high. Meaning that the vessels are too constricted. The right side of the heart that pumps to the lungs is not meant to pump against high pressures. This is causing a lot of his problems. He has a lot going on right now that are all interacting with each other.
We are starting a medication called flolan. This will go into one of his many iv sites. The idea is that we can get his blood vessels to dilate. We hope this will give him an opportunity to make new blood vessels and the one's he already has bigger.
There is no guarantee at this point. It depends on how he reacts to the medication. He will be on the medication for at LEAST a few months. Then he will still need another open heart surgery to correct his VSD.
We will be in the ICU at primary's for this entire time. Please continue to pray for our little guy.
4 comments:
Oh Rebekah! I hope everything goes well. I know it will. You are strong. And so amazing for being so strong this whole time! Our love and prayers are with you and your family!
thinking about and praying for your little boy.
I know you don't know me but I'm Stacie Fullers mom and she has asked us to pray for your family. I just want you to know that you are in our daily prayers. Michael is such a beautiful baby.
Hi there, I just want you to know that I spent the day praying for your little angel yesterday. I had this overwhelming feeling that he and his parents needed my prayers. He is so cute, so loved! Get well soon so you can see him again.
Julie, Thomas and Madison V
Post a Comment