Monday, January 31, 2011

1st ob appointment



Today I went to my first ob appointment for this pregnancy. It was actually pretty eventful for a first appointment. We did an ultrasound of the baby. He/She is measuring at about 2 cm or 1 inch. There was a great heartbeat. According to measurements my due date is actually about September 2 instead of August 27th, so not that much different. It is just crazy to me how fast they grow from 2 cells to a figure with a head and body! Next appointment is at the end of February. That one probably will be fairly uneventful.

Just because everyone keeps asking. I feel pretty good. Of coarse I am nauseated almost all the time, but there is nothing to be done about it so I just try to ignore it for the most part. My hips are already shifting and putting my back out of alignment. (I know this because before I got pregnant I went to a back doctor who showed me what to do to realign my hips from a car accident years ago. I am now getting the same pain I got before I went to see him.) Overall though there is nothing to complain about.

We are not hoping for any specific gender. A boy would be nice ONLY because we already have a lot of boy clothing. We will be ecstatic with a healthy baby boy or girl. We should find out the gender sometime in March.

Last thing is how we are doing otherwise. I am in school and am CRAZY busy. O'ryan is working a ton with security and teaching tkd at the high school still. Needless to say we are both extremely exhausted all the time. (what else is new right?)

1 comment:

Hoang Watson said...

Just for kicks I wanted to check your blog to see what you guys are up to and here was the news. I'm so very happy for both of you. Congrats Becky